Chillingo just sent us over some info on their intense-looking sci-fi-themed shoot ’em up game “Assault Squadron”, that will be coming out this Spring. Earth is under attack by a hostile, unidentified vessel containing thousands of enemy craft. It is up to you, as part of an elite tactical space combat force known as Assault Squadron, to defeat the alien enemy and save the planet.
Assault Squadron appears to be chock-full of features (full list below) and just wait till you see the cinematic-style teaser trailer…it definitely got our adrenaline pumping! No specific details on the release date or pricing yet, but we’ll let you know once we hear anything.
- Four Unique Playable Ships: Each ship has its own stats and unique abilities with fully upgradable weapon systems.
- Stunning Firepower: Earn upgrades for an arsenal of devastating weaponry ranging from Vulcan Cannons and Spiral Grenades to Torpedo Missiles and Tri-Vortex Bombs.
- Extraordinary Boss Fights: Unique enemy bosses present a unique, intense challenge accompanied by thrilling cinematic cut scenes.
- Special Abilities and Explosive Combos: Discover special abilities to unleash devastating chain combo attacks and achieve leading high-scores.
- Jaw-Dropping Presentation: Experience shoot-‘em-up gameplay the way it’s meant to be played, with a custom-built graphics engine enabling seamless 60 frames-per-second action. Experience the action from all angles via intense top-down and side-scrolling levels.
- Gameplay Modes: Battle armadas of unique alien invaders in the story-based Campaign Mode, or dive into Arcade Mode and start fighting straight away!
- Four Different Control Types: Weave through enemies and attack with meticulous precision via one of four control methods including Touch 1:1, Touch 2.5:1, Tilt Control, and Virtual Joystick.
- Three Difficulty Settings: Different levels of difficulty ensure this game is an appealing challenge to players of any combat capability – from Casual through to the most extreme shoot-‘em-up experience!
- Vibration Support: Feel every hit and enjoy every explosion via the vibration function as you are fully immersed in battle.
- Crystal Leaderboards and Achievements: Players can see how they compare to other fearless commanders around the world via a comprehensive scoring system, online leaderboards and achievements through Crystal!
- Licensed soundtrack: By psychedelic trance music artist, Psygone.