It marked a complete overhaul of the user-experience, moving from a stand-alone app to integrating with Apple’s native Newsstand app.
Packed with thoughtful and in-depth articles, editorials and app reviews carefully cultivated from Steel Media’s growing network of some of some of the best iOS news sites including 148Apps, Pocket Gamer and more, each issue offers a visually pleasing and interactive way to catch up on your iOS-related news.
Issues cost just 99¢ each on the iPhone and $1.99 on the iPad. There are also some subscription models which will save you some money on the iPad with a 3 month subscription for $4.99 and 6 month subscription for $6.99.
The editors are currently hard at work on the third issue, but they’ve decided to offer a free sampling of issue number two of swipe for iPad.
Simply download the free swipe magazine app from Apple’s Newsstand application on your iPad and you’ll have access to the free trial issue, which contains a sampling of the content contained in the full 2nd issue of the magazine. In the issue, you can “Manipulate vehicle breakdowns in the Asphalt 7: Heat – Stat Attack feature. Explore the comprehensive Pocket Planes guide. Get the skinny on incoming titles like Joe Danger and Might & Magic: Duel of Champions.”
The full edition of the second issue includes:
- TRAILER PARK – Grab the popcorn and enjoy a footage reel of the games that caught our attention.
- iCCESSORISE – Check out the latest, greatest gear to complement your iDevice ownership. (This month: headphones special.)
- SOUNDBYTES – A collection of (not always) wise words from key iOS developers.
- SUPERHERO SPECTACULAR – A look back at the iOS superhero games that still pack a punch.
- THE 20 COOLEST FEATURES IN IOS 6 – Er, kind of pretty self-explanatory, this one.
- GAME REVIEWS – 28 of the finest titles to have made the App Store recently.
- iPAD BASICS – Useful tips & tricks for those who are new to iPad (or who were too afraid to ask).
- SWIPE RECOMMENDS – Our pick of the five best game examples from a variety of genres.
- DIVIDED iPINION – One hot topic, one question, and a multitude of answers from the world’s leading iOS journalists.
In the interest of full disclosure, while none of AppAddict’s content currently appears in swipe, there is a possibility that our articles may appear from time to time in future issues.