In case you missed them, there were a couple of notable new releases today which will appeal to both hardcore and casual gamers. Archetype is a multiplayer First Person Shooter and The Last King of Africa is a point and click casual adventure game with some nice visuals.
Publisher Villain, LLC bills this new FPS title as “the best fragging deal” and claims to deliver a high quality console-style FPS experience on iPhone or iPod touch for just $2.99. I have not played this game yet, but truth be told, I am not a big fan of FPS on the platform as I find my fingers obscuring too much real estate and have never quite gotten the hang of them. Generally I’d opt for a nice dual-stick shooter instead. That being said, developer MunkyFun, Inc. seems to have created a rather feature rich (yet inexpensive) new offering for fans of the genre.
- OPTIMIZED for iPHONE 4: Takes full advantage of Retina Display with HIGHER RESOLUTION weapons, textures and crisper on-screen HUD. Headshots never looked so good!
- INTENSE MULTIPLAYER-ONLY DEATHMATCHES for up to 5 on 5 combat
- TEAM BATTLES ACROSS 5 MAPS with 6 WEAPONS (including the Battle and Precision Rifles, rapid-fire AutoMag, shotgun, missile launcher, and brutal melee axe) plus 2 grenade types
- PRECISE DUAL JOYSTICK-STYLE CONTROLS: Master the tight controls in seconds
- RANK UP by earning EXP for winning games, earning any one of dozens of medals, and more!
- INSTANTLY ADD and CHALLENGE BUDDIES: Start a deathmatch in seconds
- TRACK ENEMIES via on-screen RADAR
- MELEE WITH ANY GUN by tapping the on-screen radar
- CUSTOMIZE your gameplay: Invert aim axis, set aim sensitivity, hide on-screen joysticks, even turn off auto-fire!
- Hone your skills with OFFLINE TUTORIAL mode
- iPWNAGE via Wi-Fi, 3G, or even Edge—take a console-style FPS experience on the go
- Network Connection Required. A 3G or WiFi connection is recommended for best gameplay experience.
Benoît Sokal’s Last King of Africa which has previously been released on both the PC and Nintendo DS has now been adapted for the iPhone. Released by White Bird Productions and Bulkypix, this point and click style adventure game filled with puzzles and stunning visuals.
Welcome to Maurania…
After her plane crashes, a young woman called Ann Smith wakes up in the hospital of Madargane, a city located North of the African country of Maurania.
Who is she? Why is she here? Why do all those who meet her speak fearfully of king Rodon, dictator and absolute maser of Maurania? And what is the true role of the black leopard that is strangely connected to Ann? Ann Smith will have to solve all these mysteries in a fascinating quest to find her own identity.
An Unforgettable Adventure…
A great, mysterious adventure filled with twists and turns that will lead you to the heart of the wonderful imaginary country of Maurania. Exciting riddles will make you progress in an extraordinary story with a captivating storyline.
- The first game on iPhone from Benoît Sokal, master of adventure (Syberia, Amerzone, etc.)
- Beautiful graphics and impressive cinematics
- A unique atmosphere with dozens of different places to explore.
- A story filled with riddles and encounters.
- Many different and unique characters
- An interface perfectly adapted to the iPhone’s tactile screen.
- Trophies and bonuses to unlock: collect all the emeralds from Rodon’s lost Treasure.
The Last King of Africa is available for the iPhone and iPod Touch for $2.99.