Paramount Digital Entertainment strikes while the iron is hot (what-EVER) releasing their new game CLUELESS*, based on the 1995 Alicia Silverstone film of the same name. The game appears to be some sort of social match-making/dress-up (very) casual game, obviously aimed toward a teen female demographic. We’re not sure is this is a port from another platform. We haven’t heard any rumblings of a sequel to the feature film, so we’re not sure why this game is being released now. From the little we’ve seen in the trailer and screenshots, we’re thinking that perhaps Paramount should stick to making movies. The game is currently available for $0.99. More game details below.
On a more serious note, our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of Brittany Murphy.
- HELP FRIENDS MATCH UP WITH THE ULTIMATE DATE: Help spark a little high school romance and prove that “searching for a boy in high school is not as useless as searching for meaning in a Pauly Shore movie.”
- GIRLFRIEND IN NEED OF A QUICK PICK-ME-UP? Whatever! Fix the fashion blues and boy drama by matching friends up with an object of their desire from fuzzy pens and sunglasses to smoothies and lattes
- SAVE THE “ENSEMBLY CHALLENGED”: Friends in serious risk of committing a fashion faux pas can be saved if players can recreate Cher’s fashion suggestions before time runs out
- “PHAT” NEW WARDROBE AT THE CLICK OF A BUTTON: Mix-and-match hundreds of different outfit combinations for boys and girls
- A SHOPPING SPREE AT YOUR FINGERTIPS: Hunt through Cher’s world, which includes Beverly Hills High School, faux Rodeo Drive and a blowout party in the Valley to collect mini-items for all your friends
- SHARE YOUR RAGIN’ SCORES: Gamers can show their home girls just how fabulous they are by posting their scores on Facebook through in-game social networking features
Trailer* “Clueless” is a trademark or registered trademark of Paramount Pictures. Apple, iPhone and iPod are trademarks of Apple. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.