There are already quite a few “connect four” imitators available on the App Store, but now EA Mobile has just released an officially licensed version of the popular Hasbro game. CONNECT 4 not only includes the “classic mode” familiar to players of the long-time family favorite boardgame, but also adds some new varients to update gameplay and offer some fresh single-player and multi-player fun. The game is currently available on the App Store for $2.99. Here are some more details from the official press release:
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
LINE ‘EM UP WITH CONNECT 4!
Play the popular checker-dropping iPhone®/iPod touch® game for hours of fun! Listen to & control music from your iTunes® Library while you play. Go solo with Single Player and connect 4 in Classic, Challenge & Advanced Modes. Play against friends with Bluetooth, WiFi, or Pass ‘n Play. Build up your high score and unlock 25 achievements for smart plays. Block & counter your opponent’s moves and check out new cut scenes, slow motion gameplay, and cool special effects!
- LINE ‘EM UP! – Play the timeless, world popular row-making game for hours of addictive FUN!
- GO SOLO WITH SINGLE PLAYER – Test your row-making talent in Classic, Challenge, and Advanced Modes with all-new Powerchips, Max Score & PopOut!
- PLAY AGAINST FAMILY & FRIENDS – Go head-to-head with the competition using Bluetooth, WiFi, or Pass ‘N Play Multiplayer!
- STAY AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION – Build up your high score & unlock 25 achievements for smart plays. Block & counter your opponent’s moves and be the first to get 4 tokens in a row to win!
- EYE CANDY – Check out new cut scenes, slow motion gameplay, and cool special effects like exploding chips!