For its upcoming Magic 2015 release, Wizards of The Coast have called upon 14 influential figures in both the tabletop and video gaming spaces to design their own Magic cards which will be included in the Magic 2015 – Core Set.
These playable cards were conceived by some of the brilliant, creative minds behind popular games, including George Fan (Plants vs. Zombies), Notch (Minecraft), and Rob Pardo (World of Warcraft), with each infusing their own personal flavor into the cards’ designs.
The full list of designers is included below, with the seven cards that will be also be appearing in the digital release of the game, Magic 2015 – Duels of the Planeswalkers, marked with a ‘*’. Images of each card are in the gallery at the bottom of this post.
- Spirit Bonds – Justin Gary (Pro Magic Player and founder of Stone Blade Entertainment)
- Wall of Essence – Isaiah Cartwright (Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2)
- Chasm Skulker* – Mike Neumann (Gearbox Software)
- Master of Predicaments – David Sirlin (Super Street Fighter II Turbo)
- Cruel Sadist* – Edmund McMillen (Super Meat Boy)
- Ob Nixilis, Unshackled – Brad Muir (Double Fine Productions, Brütal Legend)
- Xathrid Slyblade* – Rob Pardo (CCO at Blizzard Entertainment)
- Aggressive Mining* – Notch (Minecraft)
- Goblin Kaboomist* – Stone Librande (Diablo 3)
- Genesis Hydra* – George Fan (Plants vs. Zombies)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard – Brian Fargo (Line Rider, The Bard’s Tale Series)
- Avarice Amulet* – Penny Arcade
- Hot Soup* – James Ernest (Kill Doctor Lucky, Pairs, Cheap Ass Games)
- Shield of the Avatar – Richard Garriott (Ultima series)
- Waste Not – Magic community
While we don’t have an exact release date for Magic 2015 – Duels of the Planeswalkers just yet, it should be arriving on iOS (and other platforms) soon. In the meantime, you can read more about the Magic 2015 products on magic.wizards.com.
And in case you missed it, here is the brand-new gameplay trailer for Magic 2015 – Duels of the Planeswalkers, that was released at E3 a few weeks back.