WizKids Games has just announced an upcoming expansion for the digital iOS version of the dice-building tabletop game Quarriors!.
This meaty addition to the core game adds FORTY never-before-seen dice along with new creatures, new spells and some optional new rules. The Quarmageddon expansion will be made available sometime later this month as a $1.99 in-app purchase for existing players of Quarriors! along with an update including some additional tweaks to the core game.
We’ve also been told that “for a very limited time after the launch of Quarmageddon, Quarriors! will be free!” (reg $3.99), meaning that you’ll be able to pick up the original game (plus the new Quarmageddon expansion) for the bargain price of just $1.99.
What’s in the Quarmageddon expansion?
- 40 new dice to help power up a variety of novel monsters, heroes and spells.
- 26 never-before-seen cards powering 6 new creatures and 2 new spells.
- Novel “Immunity” ability for some creatures — watch as they laugh off your opponent’s attacks and spells!
What’s being updated?
- Multiple difficulty settings allow you to tailor the AI to your skills.
- Optional rules (Advanced Capture and Expert Culling) to deepen the gameplay and boost the challenge in multiplayer modes.
- An improved and expanded tutorial that takes newcomers through multiple rounds of gameplay.
- Tweaks to multiplayer matchmaking and gameplay.
You can read our full review of the Quarriors! here and we’ll be sure to let you know when the Quarmageddon update and price drop go live.