Today French publisher/developer DotEmu launched their first self-published iPhone game, which is also the first in a series of retro arcade games they will be porting to the iOS platform from Japanese publisher JALECO LTD. The first title in the “JALECO Arcade Series” is Avenging Spirit, a cult Japanese platform-arcade game originally released in 1991.
During a walk with his girlfriend, a boy is ambushed by agents of a mysterious crime organization and is shot to death. Now, as a wandering spirit with the ability to possess most others, he is summoned by his girlfriend’s father to save her from those criminals. You must fight through 6 stages to infiltrate the crime organization’s base in order to rescue your beloved girlfriend.
Avenging Spirit features:
- Over 20 enemies to possess. Take control of their special moves, special jump abilities and more!
- Two difficulty modes available: Freeplay and Arcade.
- Unlock the stages in Arcade and replay them as much as you want.
- Fullscreen or original resolution with a v-pad completely adapted for your iDevice.
- Game Center: more than 30 achievements to unlock and online leaderboard.
DotEmu, a publisher/developer, has the mission to bridge the gap between the best of the old video games on today and tomorrow devices: Flash, iPhone and PC. In May 2010, DotEmu opens its own gaming digital distribution shop and distributes today over 50 titles. DotEmu has worked on several projects including « Street Fighter II – Champion Edition©» on Adobe Flash™,« R-Type™ » on iPhone™ and « Boulder Dash™ » on various platforms. DotEmu also manages a strong community with over 100 million games played online so far. Created in early 2007, DotEmu provides services and technologies to customers in Europe, USA and Japan.