Distinctive Developments is following up their popular Rugby Nations game with ‘Hockey Nations 2010’, which they are promoting as the iPhone’s “first full 6-on-6 Ice Hockey Simulation game”.
Distinctive felt that Ice Hockey hasn’t been properly represented on iPhone & iPod Touch and decided to rectify the situation by calling upon their extensive sports game development experience. Working with Centroid 3D, a company specializing in motion capture technology, and and players from the English Premiere League Ice Hockey Team, the Sheffield Scimitars, Distinctive tried to make the game as realistic as possible. They promise “realistic, silky smooth, animation so you feel part of the action – without the risk of broken bones or concussion“. Judging from what we’ve seen in the attached gameplay video, it looks like they may very well have succeeded.
Hockey Nations 2010 is scheduled for a March release, meaning that we should see this popping up on the AppStore sometime within the next few days at price of $4.99
- Take control using touchscreen d-pad and control buttons
- Make line changes at the touch of a button
- Sin-bin and powerplays
- Real player movement animation using motion capture
- 14 National teams to choose from
- Quick play, practice, tournament and league game modes
- No waiting for the Zamboni in between periods