Yesterday, Chillingo finally released their long-awaited 3D RPG game Ravensword: The Fallen King, from developer Crescent Moon Games. The game is availabe on the App Store now for $6.99. We’ve provided the official press release below, and for a great review, we recommend checking out what our good friend Chris over at AppGamer.net had to say about the title.
Chillingo also sent us this Game Hints Guide for any players who are a little stuck.
CHILLINGO’S GROUNDBREAKING RPG, RAVENSWORD: THE FALLEN KING, AVAILABLE NOW
New iPhone and iPod touch Game Offers Action, Adventure and Role-Playing Gameplay in a Stunning 3D Fantasy Universe.
UK (November 17, 2009) – Leading publisher, Chillingo, has announced the release of its genre-defining new role-playing game, Ravensword: The Fallen King. Developed by Crescent Moon Games, the fantasy epic offers a unique experience to iPhone and iPod touch owners.
“Ravensword combines 3D action and RPG elements within rich, interactive environments,” said Crescent Moon Games President, Josh Presseisen. “Monsters, quests, spells and weapons are all displayed within panoramic 3D environments to truly immerse gamers within a magical world of adventure.”
“Ravensword offers a game experience unlike anything seen before on the iPhone and the iPod touch,” said Chillingo’s Head of Publishing, Johnny Coghlan. “Fans of adventure and fantasy have understandably been waiting for a game like this. The wait is over – they can dive into an adventure that they may never want to end.”
- Innovative 3D Action/Adventure/RPG hybrid gameplay in an open environment.
- An engrossing high-fantasy story that will take hours to unravel.
- An expansive 3D world filled with stunning locations and an entertaining cast of characters.
- Battle enemies such as Orcs, Trolls, Ogres and Demons using an optional auto-targeting interface.
- Mighty weapons, items, and magical runes to purchase and uncover as your character gains wealth and experience.
- Choice between first and third-person perspectives at the touch of a button.
- Epic soundtrack and spatial 3D audio that puts you right in the action. Listen to the footsteps of creatures as they creep up next to you!
- A clear inventory interface, combined with simple leveling and full auto-saves, ensuring pick-up-and-play.
- Ride a horse, practice shooting your bow, hunt animals in the forest – these are just a taste of the possibilities within Ravensword.
- Secret areas, monsters, and treasures to keep you playing long after you’ve completed the main storyline.
Chillingo publishes innovative games and software for iPhone and iPod touch. Past hit titles include Minigore, iDracula, Zen Bound, Inkvaders, Horror Racing, Touch KO, and Cash Cow. More information can be found at www.chillingo.com .
About Crescent Moon Games
Crescent Moon Games is an up and coming developer of mobile games. It has other projects in the works, and has been focusing on building the world of Ravensword for the last two years.