The much anticipated, HUGE v1.5 update for Owlchemy Labs’ Snuggle Truck is now live on the App Store.
As I mentioned when I previewed this update last month, it is jam-packed with new features, most notably of which is the new level-editor that Owlchemy also managed to include in the iPhone release as well! This means a massive amount levels (infinite actually) for new and existing players alike, no matter of your chosen platform.
Owlchemy’s got you covered, because they’re celebrating the update by dropping the price on both the iPhone and iPad releases for 24 hours! If you act quickly you can grab the iPhone release for 99¢ (half price) and/or the iPad release (33% off). Sale prices are good through 8am EST tomorrow, so don’t delay too long.
Here is the full list of new features and fixes included in this update:
- We’ve added a fully-featured level editor to the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch! Make levels right on the device! Our most requested feature – the level editor has been re-written to allow it to work smoothly on the iPhone. The level editor allows for the creation of underground, forest, or desert levels with all styles of terrain, obstacles, decorations, and even powerups + fuzzy spawners!
- Now announcing the Level Portal! This is HUGE! The Level Portal is an online community for Snuggle Truck which allows players to share their custom level creations with the world. Even if you’re not the creative type, you can reap the benefits by getting access to hundreds of new, free levels for the game. Play, upload, download, rate, and even access friend’s levels though search. Check back daily to see the newest community-created levels.
- In-game UI moved from the bottom of the screen to the top to prevent your hand from covering up important info. This also prevents accidental presses of the back button.
- You can now double-tap the screen to activate rocket – shake to activate is still usable. This is just an alternate way to rocket that many of our users had suggested.
- Difficulty of some of the unfairly nasty levels have been adjusted.
- Text is more readable in certain places.
- 5 new Game Center achievements, and faster Game Center authentication.
- Wheelie achievement is actually obtainable now! Whee!
- Fixed many bugs and made a bunch of low-level optimizations to make the game perform even better.
- Upgraded some art content to be higher resolution so we can maintain crisp visuals even when zooming in on the retina display.