The tournament will take place over several rounds. Since the app doesn’t currently support online play, each round of the tournament will consist of players trying to out-score their opponent in the assigned Challenge in the digital releases’ exclusive game mode.
All skill levels welcome and there will be prizes for the top three players including the physical board game, promos, play mats and Steam codes.
If you haven’t played Splendor yet, you can read my full review of the iOS release.
I’ve signed up myself, so maybe I’ll be competing against some of our readers.
As of the time of this posting the full tournament rules are as follows:
- The tournament starts on September 12, 2015.
- To participate, players must have access to the digital version of Splendor.
- Each round of the tournament will consist of players trying to out-score their opponent in the assigned Challenge.
- Players will be randomly paired before each round.
- Players will have 48 hours to post a screenshot of the assigned Challenge. Players can post multiple screenshots if they improve their score within 48 hours.
- Screenshots must include the Challenge name, the score, and the time it took to complete.
- Scores posted after 48 hours for that round will not be counted.
- Winners proceed to the next round.
- In the case of a tie, the player who achieved their score in the least amount of time wins. In the unlikely event that there is still a tie, an alternate Challenge will be assigned to those players and they will have 24 hours to post the top score.
- The prizes are as follows:
- First place prize – Splendor board game, play mat, custom tokens, promo nobles and Splendor Steam promo code (for PC).
- Second place prize – Splendor Steam promo code (for PC) AND the play mat
- Third place prize – Splendor Steam promo code (for PC) OR the play mat
Please follow or visit Asmodee Digital on Facebook for any updates and/or questions you may have regarding this tournament.