Though I don’t play board games nearly as often as I used to, and currently our family game nights usually consist of more young kid-friendly fare like Sorry!. So I’m not up on all of the current popular board games, but there are a number of modern titles that I am constantly hearing about on shows like the SnakesCast and Wil Wheaton’s entertaining web series Table Top. One of those titles is a game called Pandemic.
Four diseases have broken out in the world and it is up to a team of specialists in various fields to find cures for these diseases before mankind is wiped out.
Players must work together, playing to their characters’ strengths and planning their strategy of eradication before the diseases overwhelm the world with ever-increasing outbreaks. But the diseases are outbreaking fast and time is running out: the team must try to stem the tide of infection in diseased areas while also towards cures.
A truly cooperative game where you all win or you all lose.
Other details include:
- 7 unique roles with different abilities to choose from, allowing for great replayability.
- The game can be played solo or as a pass-and-play for 2-4 players.
- Different difficulty levels from beginner to expert.
- Animated interface gives clear indication of the game’s progress and hotspots.
- A video tutorial that allows players to learn how to play in a simple and easy way.
- Complete rules for the game are also included.
After hearing so many great things about this game, I’m really looking forward to checking it out when it is released on October 3rd.