Tin Man Games has been producing an original series of gamebook adventure apps since April of 2010.
August was a big month for the studio, launching Judge Dredd: Countdown Sector 106, the result of a partnership with 2000 AD and featuring an all-new interactive story by Nick Robinson set in the world of Mega-City One. Then it was announced that the company staged a bit of a coup, snatching up the official Fighting Fantasy licenses from outgoing rights-holder Big Blue Bubble (who’s Fighting Fantasy apps were subsequently removed from the App Store).
Tonight release of Blood of the Zombies marks the first title in Tin Man Games’ new (minimum 4 book) partnership with the Fighting Fantasy franchise. Penned by Fighting Fantasy co-founder, Ian Livingstone, this newest book marks the 30th anniversary of the popular Fighting Fantasy series. Already released in physical form in August, Tin Man Games’ digital version of this gamebook contains all of the cool features you’ve come to expect from one of their apps and exclusive digital media features not capable in the standard print edition.
- All new death endings, written by Ian Livingstone. Not available in the print book!
- Kevin Crossley’s amazing illustrations colorized for the app, making full use of the high-resolution retina displays.
- Alternate artwork to unlock by Fighting Fantasy favourite, Martin McKenna.
- Achievements to find throughout the gamebook with full Game Center connectivity.
- Make the gamebook as easy or hard as you like and even turn on a special cheat mode to read it old-school!
- An animated Greg Staples cover – the zombie comes to life!
And like their previous titles, is a universal app, meaning that it will display beautifully on whichever of your devices you like to play on.
Click here to watch a video of Ian Livingstone discuss the new book.